Friday, 19 December 2014

Family of seven feared killed by inferno in Benue

A LATE night fire on Thursday  gutted an apartment, killing a family of  seven at Anyamkor beside Young Secondary School in Gboko area of Benue State.

An eyewitness told The Guardian that the inferno which completely ravaged the two-bedroom flat, broke out  at 11.40pm, burning beyond recognition the husband, wife and five children.

"we were woken with the shout from the neighbour  who shouted fire! fire!! fire!!!, it was her  shout that wake us up and we rushed out of our flats without evacuating anything.'

The source, who could not ascertain the cause of the inferno,  said that the only clue they got was that the generator was on in the night and by the time they went round after the incident, they saw a lantern beside the generating set.

 It was further gathered that the charred bodies of the deceased were left at the premises of the General Hospital in Gboko as at the time of filing this report because the workers were said to be on strike.

When contacted, the acting Police Public Relation Officer PPRO, ASP Matthew Oku, said that the command was yet to be briefed.

No comments:

Post a Comment