Wednesday, 14 October 2015

PROBE COURT RULING: ORTOM SAYS NO CAUSE FOR ALARM

Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom, has accepted the ruling of the Makurdi High Court which ordered stay of proceedings on the panels probing the immediate past administration.



He reacted to the Chief Judge of the state, Justice Iorhemen Hwande’s ruling yesterday.

Governor Ortom said the stay was a temporarily judicial process and that the state government’s lawyers would follow due process to vacate it.
He started that he has confidence in the judiciary, due process and the rule of law.

The Governor explained that he set up the judicial panel to avail all concerned the opportunity to defend themselves in accordance with the core values of his administration which include transparency, fairness, accountability and justice.

Reacting to the calls by some individuals and groups that he should have extended the probe panels to cover the Dr. George Akume administration Governor Ortom started that he did not take over from the senator.

He also stated that the people who voted for him specifically demanded that he should probe the immediate past administration of Dr. Gabriel Suswam to know why the state had been brought to its knees so that his administration would avoid pitfalls and learn lessons.

The Governor stated that the people have expressed their wish that those who diverted public funds into personal use should be held accountable and that such funds or property be recovered if possible.

Signed:
Tahav Agerzua,
Special Adviser, Media and ICT.

No comments:

Post a Comment